The schoolyard can be a wild and unruly place, but even battle-hardened sissies need a sense of honor and fairness -- all those triumphs and humiliations don't mean nearly as much otherwise. That's why we created the SiSSYFiGHT Honor Code, with the help of many thoughtful players from the SiSSYFiGHT community. Listed below are the rules that all SiSSYFiGHTers are expected to play, fight, and live by while using this site.
The SiSSYFiGHT Honor Code
1. Multisessioning. You may not play SiSSYFiGHT in more than one window at the same time. This includes playing two different SiSSYFiGHTers at the same time, playing the same SiSSYFiGHTer in more than one school, or using custom software to automate gameplay.
2. Offensive comments and personal attacks. Catty insults and trash-talking are allowed in SiSSYFiGHT. You may not, however, engage in the following unacceptable behavior:
- hate speech of any kind, including language demeaning anyone's race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or size
- threats of real life violence
- harassment, including hacking or malicious activity targeting another player
- personal attacks concerning someone's real life identity
- comments that reveal private information about another player against their wishes
- any kind of libelous or slanderous comments about another player (the person, as opposed to their SiSSYFiGHT persona or their actions in-game)
3. Outside Communication. When you're playing a game of SiSSYFiGHT, you should only communicate with the other players using the in-game chat bubbles. Any other method of communication is cheating, including instant messaging, texting, telephone, smoke signals, and even talking with someone in the same room. If you cheat, you may be hunted down and ruthlessly humiliated by vigilante anti-cheater organizations. Talking in secret code or foreign languages within the game is not considered cheating, and neither is strategizing with a friend before a game starts.
4. Fair Play. Games that involve no real competition are not in the spirit of fair play and are not compatible with the Honor Code.
5. Disruption of Play. You may not disrupt other players' discussion, chatting, or gameplay. For instance, flooding the homeroom chat window and making it impossible for others to talk is not allowed.
6. Other Disruptive Behavior. You may not engage in behavior or activities designed to disrupt the SiSSYFiGHT community or the operation of the SiSSYFiGHT website or game servers, harass a player or administrator, or invade any person's privacy.
7. Impersonation. You may not impersonate a SiSSYFiGHT administrator. Also, you may not create temporary or registered SiSSYFiGHTers with the sole purpose of impersonating another player, or access another player's account in any way without their permission. You're also responsible for the confidentiality of your own password, and we recommend that you do not share it!
8. E-mail address. You must use a valid e-mail address so that we can contact you in case of a problem with your SiSSYFiGHTer. SiSSYFiGHT accounts without valid e-mail addresses may be modified without notification, because we won't have any way to get in touch with you.
10. Age restrictions. For legal reasons, if you are under the age of 13, you may not play SiSSYFiGHT. Sorry, kids.
11. Unsolicited advertising. You may not use SiSSYFiGHT to transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation.
12. Unauthorized access. You may not access the SiSSYFiGHT web servers, game servers or other servers involved in hosting and allowing access to the game in any way that could damage or disrupt their operation.
13. Illegal activities. You may not use SiSSYFiGHT to promote or conduct any kind of illegal activities, including the transmission of harmful software, malware, viruses, trojan horses, etc.
14. Sexual Misconduct. No explicit sexual talk is allowed in the game. Adult players of SiSSYFiGHT may not make sexual advances of any kind towards minors. Such advances may be illegal and anyone suggesting such activity will be banned. As operators of this website we take our legal obligations seriously and will forward information about any illegal sexual advances to the appropriate authorities.
15. Penalties. If you break any of these rules, you may incur one or more of the following penalties at the discretion of the SiSSYFiGHT adminstrators: loss of brownie and queen points, temporary suspension of SiSSYFiGHT account, permanent deletion of SiSSYFiGHT account, permanent ban from playing SiSSYFiGHT. In some cases we may also contact your Internet Service Provider if we feel you may have violated their standards or terms of service.
16. Your Words. All the words, images, and sounds that make up the content of SiSSYFiGHT are open source. Anything you choose to communicate via SiSSYFiGHT, like the contents of your chat messages, becomes open source in the same way.
17. Changes. The Honor Code may be updated in the future. If it is, an announcement will be posted on the SiSSYFiGHT homepage. It's your responsibility to keep up to date on the Honor Code and know all the rules.
Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction. These terms and conditions govern your use of the SiSSYFiGHT website (www.sissyfight.com) and the SiSSYFiGHT game that can be accessed through the SiSSYFiGHT website. By using this website and/or the game in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, registering or logging in, or communicating with other users via this website or the SiSSYFiGHT game, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in full. These terms and conditions apply whether you are accessing this website and the SiSSYFiGHT game via a personal computer, a mobile device or any other technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, please discontinue using the website immediately. By using this website, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you will abide by these terms and conditions.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use this website and the SiSSYFiGHT game. If you are not at least 13 years of age, please discontinue using the website immediately, because by using or attempting to use the website, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age.
These terms and conditions govern only the content and activities provided directly by this website and does not cover websites operated independently by members of the SiSSYFiGHT community or other websites listed under "SF2K Community" on this website.
These terms and conditions regarding your use of this website and the SiSSYFiGHT game constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the operators of this website, including the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team (Ranjit Bhatnagar, Naomi Clark, and Eric Zimmerman) and their assigned representatives.
2. License to Use Website. All content, including text, images, audio material, video material, and audio-visual material provided via this website or via the SiSSYFiGHT game are provided to you under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. You are granted the Licensed Rights described in the Creative Commons Attribution License in consideration of your acceptance of the terms and conditions described in that document. If you choose to exercise those rights, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of that license.
4. Acceptable Use. By using this website, you agree to make all reasonable efforts to abide by the terms of the SiSSYFiGHT Honor Code in addition to all the following terms:
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website or its features, functions, or maintenance.
- You must not use this website in any way that is libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else.
- You must not use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not use this website in any way that sends or results in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called "spamming" and "phishing."
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the express consent of the website's operators (SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team).
- You must not use this website in any way that results in or facilitates unauthorized access to the website, to web servers and game servers involved in the operation of the website, to other users' accounts, or to other users' passwords, e-mail addresses, or other personally identifiable information.
- You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications or for any purposes related to marketing without the express consent of the website's operators (SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team).
5. User Content. In these terms and conditions, �your user content� means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose. This includes text chat that you use to communicate to other players during the game.
By submitting your user content to this website, you agree that your content shall be released under the same Creative Commons Attribution License that all non-user content on the website is provided under.
Your user content must not contain any illegal, libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information. Your user content must not infringe any third party's copyright or other legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against this website, the SiSSYFiGHT Returns team, or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). We shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use of your user content.
Your user content must not contain material that is defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else.
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
The SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team reserves the right to screen, edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the website or game servers, or hosted or published upon this website. This right may be exercised by appointed representatives of the SiSSYFiGHT Returns team.
You understand, acknowledge and agree that your user content is your responsibility. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all your user content.
Your user content and all user content submitted by other users under these terms and conditions does not necessarily reflect the views of this website, the website operators, the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team, or Venus Patrol.
Notwithstanding the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team's rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
6. Advertising. From time to time, you may communicate with, receive communications from, be re-directed to, interact with, or participate in or use the services or obtain goods and services of or from, third parties ("Advertisers") as a result of your use of this website. These may include advertisers who provide banner ads that appear on the website's pages, website hosting partners, or other promotional partners. All communication, interaction and participation with an Advertiser is strictly and solely between you and the Advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertiser or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any advertiser).
7. Breaches of these Terms and Conditions. Without prejudice to the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team's other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we or our appointed representatives may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website; deleting your user content; deleting your user account including username, password, and any associated records; deducting or deleting points earned by playing the SiSSYFiGHT game; prohibiting you from accessing the website; blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website; contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
8. Termination. We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of these terms and conditions that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, license of your user content, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. This website and all activities accessed through this website are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. The SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:
- this website and any activities accessed through this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- any functions, or operations of the website or activities accessed through this website will be available or perform as described; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Without limiting the foregoing, we are not responsible or liable for any malicious code, delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this website. You understand, acknowledge and agree that you are assuming the entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, performance, timeliness, adequacy, completeness, correctness, authenticity, security and validity of any and all features and functions of this website, including, without limitation, your user content.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial, or medial matter, you should consult an appropriate professional.
The appearance, availability, or your use of URLs or hyperlinks included anywhere on this website does not constitute an endorsement by, nor does it incur any obligation, responsibility or liability on the part of this website or the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team. We do not verify, endorse, or have any responsibility for any such third party sites, their business practices (including their privacy policies), or any goods or services associated with or obtained in connection with any such site. If any third party site obtains or collects Personal Information from you, in no event shall we assume or have any responsibility or liability.
10. Limitations of Liability. This website and the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the SiSSYFiGHT ReturnS Team has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
11. Exclusions. Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the liability of the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team in respect of any matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit.
12. Reasonableness. By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in the preceding two sections are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, please discontinue your use of this website.
13. Severability. If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
14. Indemnity. You hereby indemnify the operators of this website and the SiSSYFiGHT Returns Team and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions.
15. Variation. We reserve the right to revise these terms and conditions from time to time. We will post or display notices of material changes on the website; the form of these notices are at our discretion. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version. When revisions are made, if you do not agree to any of the changes to these terms and conditions, please do not use, access, or continue to access this website.
16. Assignment. We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
18. Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal Courts situated in the State and County of New York. You agree you will not object to such jurisdiction or venue on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, forum non conveniens or otherwise.
What information do we collect?
We ask you to provide a username, password, and e-mail address from you when you register on this website to play SiSSYFiGHT. Your username does not have to relate in any way to your actual name. You must register to play SiSSYFiGHT, but may visit the rest of this website anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Your e-mail address will only be used in one of the following ways:
- to contact you about any major changes in the availability of the game, such as a period of unavailability; or
- to contact you about any breaches of the Honor Code or Terms of Service as well as any restriction or termination of access to the game or penalties that may result from such breaches; or
- to allow you to use the "lost password" function in case you forget your password.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. You may change your e-mail address by logging into the game and changing the e-mail field on the Dressing Room screen.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age, nor do we allow anyone under 13 years of age to register on this website. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.